“Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.”
- Lao Tzu
Combining traditional craftsmanship and contemporary elegance, Aguirre Design is an American company that creates extraordinary luxury furnishings, one-of-a-kind custom pieces, and unique décor items for the modern home. Sculptural yet functional, the collections are inspired by the minimalist forms found in nature and use such elemental materials as wood, metal, and leather to forge a connection between rusticity and refinement, the past and the future.
Each piece is conceived in the family-owned studio’s downtown New York City headquarters, and then handmade in their Long Island City warehouse with meticulous attention to detail and high-quality standards. With more than 25 years of experience crafting singular items that tell a story, owner and founder Mauricio Aguirre provides the guiding vision for the brand. Sons Mateo Aguirre and David Aguirre also give aesthetic direction and oversee operations and execution. Together with a team of exceptionally skilled artisans, they bring each piece to life with a passion for beauty that is evident in even the smallest details.
In addition to producing distinctive furnishings, the firm offers the full spectrum of interior design services, from space planning to art curation, and has worked with the likes of Alexandra Champalimaud, Armani Casa, Rockwell Group, and more. For Aguirre Design, outstanding artistry and impeccable work are at the heart of everything they do.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- Blue, Black and Gray
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Amangiri Hotel
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- Pen and paper
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- Paris, Amsterdam, New York
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- Iron Chef
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- The Noguchi Museum
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- Norman Foster
- How do you keep it all together?
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?