Design is a balancing act! It takes the expertise of a well-seasoned design professional to offset competing design elements and strike a perfect harmony. In these designer bedrooms glamour meets comfort in perfect balance, read on to discover 10 tips to bookmark.
1. Upholster the Walls - "Create a visual focal point to anchor the headboard in the space with an upholstered wall, plus this adds an extra layer of comfort and warmth".
2. Mix Wood Finishes - "Design decisions can be tough, but sometimes you do not have to narrow it down to a single selection. A well trained designer knows the art of mixing various wood graining and finishes".
3. Think Linear - "Make a space feel open by selection furnishings that compliment the lines of the room moving linearly right to left in a elongating manner".
7. Warm Things Up - "Who says a fireplace only belongs in a living room, break the norm and incorporate a fireplace into the bedroom plan. How luxurious to fall asleep to the crackle of firewood and a glimmering light in the colder winter months!"
8. Design for a Client's Lifestyle - "Do you read every night before bed? Add wall lighting for comfort and ease. Like lots of pillows? Pile them on. Or better yet, are you a TV junkie? Design a space for technology so it does not seem like an after thought".
9. Change with the Season - "Start with a white base and use decorative accessories to layer in colors and patterns, this allows for the client to reinvent the bedroom as trends evolve".