An exhibition and marketplace of modern design, WestEdge comes to the Bay Area for the first time ever this summer on June 4 and 5. Held in partnership with San Francisco Design Week, the fair is an exciting opportunity to discover new products from more than 40 exhibitors and hear local designers discuss today’s most important design topics. A spinoff of the WestEdge Design Fair in Los Angeles, WestEdgeSF is an event that design enthusiasts should not miss and below are five reasons why.97
1. Discover California-Inspired Furnishings with a European Sensibility. Browse meticulously selected and compelling pieces that blend Californian and European design from NIDO Living. Italian and Spanish for “nest,” NIDO Living embraces the word as a philosophy for furnishing the home, and co-owners Daniel Killar and Tammy Tran have curated an offering of exclusive furnishings that showcase the epitome of modern, sleek and chic living.
2. Learn About Running a Successful Design Business with Authenticity. In today's fast-paced world demanding a drive for business, how do we retain the quality of genuine design? Elle Décor’s Ingrid Abromovitch explores the delicate balance and challenges within the design industry between maintaining the art of craftsmanship while still running a viable business. Geoffrey De Sousa of De Sousa Hughes and other insiders will share how they managed the ins and outs of building a brand, maintaining showroom relationships, growing a business and more.
3. See How a Family-Run Lighting Company Reinvented Itself. First launched in 1962 with bench-made lighting, Sausalito-based lighting company Robert Long Lighting is now experiencing a renaissance. Working with the same vendors that his father used, Robert Long is creating innovative lighting pieces with an eye towards usability and clean design.
4. Shop for Hand-Crafted Hardware. In 1992, Robert Commons began casting his own decorative bronze hardware after not being able to find any other pieces of comparable quality and style. Today, Sun Valley Bronze hand-crafts and hand-finishes a complete line of hardware where the beauty is in the details. Their knobs, levers or pull rings come with 10 finishes and finish off a space with a lasting, quality component.
5. Learn About the Growing Influence of Technology on the Interior Design Industry. Presented by ASID California North and moderated by California Home and Design, design insiders like Tineke Triggs of Artistic Designs for Living and Gioi Tran of Applegate Tran Interiors will share insights about how they use technology in their design businesses.
Shop WestEdgeSF on Dering Hall