Snapchat's not just for millennials. There are great ways to optimize this social network for your design business too. Here are some tips on how to utilize this platform in a strategic way while also having some fun and injecting personality into your posts.
1 / 5
1. Create Custom Geo-Filters For Events Even if you never use your Snapchat account for daily posting, geo-filters are a great resource for promoting a specific event. These are a few examples of Dering Hall geo-filters we've used in the past. They are an incredibly affordable marketing tool to gain attention around a design event.
Learn how to create them
2 / 5
2. Repurpose Photography Share your lastest project on Snapchat by adding photos to your Snapchat Story from your camera roll ( ). This just means that not all the photos you need to share have to be taken live. You can use professional photography of your work to help curate your posts. instructions
designs by human.
3 / 5
3. Show Behind the Scenes Give a glimpse of your team and process on Snapchat. This might not be content you share anywhere else, which will give your followers even more of a reason to check it out.
Pictured: Dering Hall's Development and Editorial Teams
4 / 5
4. Draw or Write on Snaps Add some character to your Snapchat Story by writing on your images and using emojis. Snapchat isn't a serious social network, so put some personality into it!
5 / 5
5. Cross Promote Use Snapchat for self-promotion. Remind your followers to check out your social presence on other networks like Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.