A rug can set the tone for your entire living space, as evidenced by these 11 stunning rooms.
1. A Zebra Rug. The library of a New York City apartment decorated by Todd Romano features a custom-made zebra rug by Poma & Steven.
2. A Speckled Rug. In the dining area of Jean-Louis Deniot's Paris apartment, the gray and black speckled rug is custom made.
3. A Geometric Rug. In Jessica Stam's New York apartment, the living area features a custom-made rug by Stark Carpet.
4. A Navajo Rug. In the sitting room of a New York townhouse, the Navajo rug dates from the early 1900s.
5. Cowhide Rugs. In a living room of a home designed by Nate Berkus and Anne Coyle, the cowhide rugs are from Anne Coyle Interiors.
6. A Striped Rug. In a Chicago apartment decorated by Nate Berkus, the striped rug is by Madeline Weinrib.
7. A Sisal Rug. In the living room of Antony Todd's New York City townhouse, the sisal rug is from ABC Carpet & Home.
8. An Art Deco Rug. In the living room of designer Robert Stilin's East Hampton house, the Art Deco rug is from F.J. Hakimian.
9. A Neutral Rug. In a Montana home, the cream and brown rug is by F. J. Hakimian.
10. A Global-Inspired Rug. In designer Sig Bergamin's Brazil home, a patterned rug brightens the space.
11. A Berber Rug. In the living room of Lisa Pomerantz and Jonathan Copplestone's Manhattan apartment, the Berber rug is vintage.
Article by Olivia Rassow