One part chic, one part cozy, here are eight tips to make your home warm and inviting during the colder months.
1. Dose of Fur. Add a fur throw to your bed, couch or kitchen chairs for a tactile element of luxe.
2. Gilded Extras. A touch of gold from a mantel mirror or table top pieces renders a warm vibe that's ideal for winter.
3. Layered Rug. As we layer up our sweaters and coats to combat the cold weather, why not do the same for your floor?
4. Moody Lamp. A simple way to winterize your room is by switching out light lampshades for darker counterparts. The result? A super warm glow.
5. Velvet Touch. Add velvet pieces to your lounge space in opulent blues and jewel tones that are ideal for the cool weather months.
6. Dark Drapes. Another easy, winter decor tip is to replace your light curtains with black, blue or gray ones in heavier fabrics. This brings warmth both visually and literally.
7. Candle Cluster. Arrange a cluster of candles under your mantel or near your fireplace for added heat.
8. Outside Escape. Don't let the cold keep you from enjoying some fresh air by setting up your own outside oasis. Twinkle lights, blankets and toasty cocktails are the must-have ingredients.