4. Dual Purpose Furniture. Furniture that does double duty: charges devices, for instance, or includes built-in storage as in the Planks Collection (shown) by Max Lamb for Benchmark, introduced at the London Design Festival.
10. Mid-century Brand Revivals. In Sausalito, Robert Young has relaunched his father's groovy lighting collection. In London, John Lewis has just reissued Robin and Lucienne Day's stackable polyside chair.
11. Pittsburg is the New Portland. The Ace Hotel is opening an outpost in Pittsburgh in late 2015 in the East Liberty neighborhood (once home to steel magnates such as the Fricks, the Carnegies, and the Mellons). Google opened an office in 2010, the Andy Warhol Museum is nearby, and Ace is calling it "the Sleeper City."
12. Artisanal Glass. Is glass the new pottery? We think so; we're all assembling collections of handblown vases and more.
13. Beauty Products for Furniture. Organic salves and solutions for furniture care; we like Shop Tamsyn's Wax Eternal, an organic polish made from cold-pressed olive oil, beeswax, herbs, and organic essential oils.
14. The Tawny Sheepskin. The accessory du jour? Brown sheepskins are displacing snowy white sheepskins as the weather turns. One of our favorite sources? Black Sheep (White Light).