5 / 5
From the Jamb showroom on Pimlico Road, where Fisher sells exquisite reproduction chimneypieces, lighting, furniture, and antiques, he enjoys a unique vantage. One of the world's most beloved antiques districts is at his fingertips, and the tony emporiums of classic London are a short jaunt away.
1. If he found a chest of gold but didn't like the chest, David Humphrey of Humphrey-Carrasco would leave the lot of it. He's one of the most talented, disciplined dealers working in the country house aesthetic, and his eye is unerring. 43 Pimlico Rd., 44-20/7730-9911.
2. Mungo & Maud sells decadent presents for your pooch. You can spend forty-five minutes looking at collars alone. 79 Elizabeth St., 44-20/7022-1207.
3. Having shoes made at George Cleverley is the best money a man can spend--it's the thing we should all do once in our lives. They are exquisite, refined objects of beauty. 13 The Royal Arcade, 28 Old Bond St., 44-20/7493-0443.
4. Jean-Claude Ciancimino is a legend. He's an antiques dealer who understands luxury and began selling top of-the-line twentieth-century pieces before everyone else. 85 Pimlico Rd., 44-20/7730-9959.
1. Tinello is a sleek, sexy restaurant that's also warm and welcoming. It's owned by two brothers who love what they do. The food is classic Italian, like spaghetti with clams, and excellent. 87 Pimlico Rd., 44-20/7730-3663.
2. The treats at Peggy Porschen Cakes, where I take my kids, look almost too good to eat, but we somehow always manage. 116 Ebury St., 44-20/7730-1316.
1. A visit to Sir John Soane's Museum is a life-changing experience. It's a magnificent collection of antiquities and art assembled in the nineteenth century that still seems groundbreaking today. 13 Lincoln's Inn Fields, 44-20/7405-2107.
This article first appeared in Veranda.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
At Dering Hall you can shop for more furnishings, find top design professionals, and browse photos of exquisite interiors and architecture.
Sign up today to receive our latest home furnishing picks & news.