We believe your home is your essential foundation, a canvas of personal expression and we design with an artful sense of purpose and exuberance. We create homes that beautifully support our clients’ through exquisite design details and gracious flow.
Vision, Experience and a Commitment to exceeding our clients’ expectations makes Alison Whittaker Design a professional design partner that can elevate a space from ordinary to extraordinary. We believe your home is your essential foundation, a canvas of personal expression and we design with an artful sense of purpose and exuberance. We approach each project as a new canvas with a fresh palette and then moving forward, we develop the home’s design concept based on what artfully inspires our client with exquisite details.Whether updating an existing home or starting from the ground up, our design team strives to create designs that beautifully support our clients’ with innovative design solutions. We value a collaborative relationship with our clients and are dedicated to providing the best possible experience throughout the design process. My team and I understand that your home is more than a collection of beautiful design elements. It is where you live, entertain friends and family, raise your children and spend a significant portion of your life. Our goal is to implement a design that is a reflection of your individual tastes and desires – a home that is truly a canvas of your personal expression.Located in downtown Saratoga CA, we monitor every aspect of your project to create a smooth and enjoyable experience. Our trademark attention to detail and skillful blending of artistic materials and furnishings ensures your project is a success on every level. We are passionate about providing a unique brand of artistry, imagination and creativity to each design that enables you living your best life.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- I always love to have a metallic accent in a room and I never put limits on particular color scheme for my interiors because I love so MANY colors and it always depends on the architecture and the overall look and feel I am creating. Monochromatic with rich textures and bright pops of color are favorites.
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- I admire the creative work of Roger Thomas and all the ingenious designs he has created for the Wynn Hotels. Of course the boutique hotels in Europe are such treasures, and I particularly love the setting and courtyard at the Relais Christine in Paris.
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- Definitely my iPhone snapping up photos where ever I go. I can't imagine not having it now. As a designer, we are so visual and having instant photos is such an amazing tool.
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- I love to attend the Paris Maison & Objet and Paris Design Week. Just walking the streets and people watching while looking at shop windows is very inspiring.
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- I would love to go back to the Stonehouse at San Ysidro Ranch in Santa Barbara. Such a charming setting with all the beautiful of Southern California scenery and fresh ingredients from the on-site garden.
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- Musee de l'Orangerie in Paris. The Monet Water Lily Murals are breath taking in the oval rooms.
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- Morning spin class, followed by home projects and gardening. I also love a weekend get away to wine country when I can.
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- Traveling. I absorb it all, fashion, architecture, food as well as the surrounding nature and use all the imagery like a catalog.
- How do you keep it all together?
- I function best with order and try to keep structure in my daily life. Exercise keeps me grounded and focused.
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- I love both and it totally depends on the architecture and setting. I don't ever limit myself with an absolute for creating a design. Being able to appreciate the beauty in many styles gives me the flexibility to create.