We believe good design is more than just rooms filled with pretty things. It’s about a unique vision, thoughtfully pursued and skillfully executed, to create a space that changes how you feel- for the better.
Amanda Teal Design is a residential design firm based in San Francisco that specializes in high-end, highly livable custom interiors.
We create homes that are naturally elegant, with a relaxed, quintessentially California feel. We never impose our own style on a project. Rather, we work closely with our clients to make sure their home reflects their unique personality and lifestyle, while infusing a space with the custom details that elevate it beyond the ordinary.
We love going deeper into a project than just picking finishes and furnishings, and we have particular expertise in acting as a client’s advocate and collaborating with architects, contractors and craftsmen to ensure every detail of a new home or a renovation is absolutely perfect.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- Farrow and Ball Hague Blue.
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- My iPhone. There is inspiration everywhere if you look for it, so I snap photos wherever I go.
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- I'm mostly interested in a fresh take on classic elements, so I love to wander around museums, read fashion magazines, and people watch when I'm out and about.
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- The Sir John Soane Museum in London. It hasn't been altered in 180 years, so when you walk through the door it feels like you are traveling back in time. The collection is in Soane's former home so the setting is very intimate, allowing you to admire the unique treasures up close.
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- I start my weekends with a large coffee and pancakes with my boys.
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- Travel. When I immerse myself in other cultures, it gets me out of the little orbit I exist in, and completely alters my perspective. When the lens through which I view the world evolves, so do my designs.
- How do you keep it all together?
- I don't keep it all together all the time. I juggle running a company, and being a mother, wife and friend. So the balance is constantly in flux. But I enjoy the challenge!
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- Groomed in the city, freestyle in the country. It largely depends on the architecture, but I love both.