“Livable Luxury is my mantra- every space should convey understated sophistication.”
Based in Chicago, IL., Cari Giannoulias repertoire spans anywhere from sprawling suburban estates to cosmopolitan flats and lavish vacation homes in the US and abroad. Her mantra “Livable Luxury” is an intoxicating blend of beauty and comfort. Eclectic pairings of precious and conventional allow her to create tailored interiors with understated sophistication. Aside from her well-curated aesthetic and departure from the ordinary, the organized and functional life in which she creates for her clients seem to be the real luxury.
Inspired by her avid traveling and her laid-back lifestyle, Cari’s aesthetic can best be described as well mingled — mixing periods, styles, scales, textures and new with old. Her passion lies in the unintentional; however, her interiors appear deliberately collected over time with historical relevance and vernacular undertones.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- White and Camel
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Hotel Costes in Paris for it's mixture of chic and timelessness. Casa Delfino in Chania, Crete to remind me to stay grounded in the beauty of simplicity.
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- Anywhere in Scandinavia
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- Capo's, Madeo's and Katsuya in Los Angeles
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- The Huntington in San Marino
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- A healthy dose of decompression and time with family and friends.
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- How do you keep it all together?
- My synched Google calendar to keep me on point.
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- The setting really drives the aesthetic but I like to see a little bit of both.