Catlin Design, established in 1984, is a full service interior design firm consisting of a nine member team of professionals. The interior design team includes certified, highly trained, and experienced designers proficient in all aspects of the interior design process. The firm offers services in both residential and commercial interiors with specialization in customized residential construction, corporate interiors, hospitality, and healthcare design.
Juliana M. Catlin, FASID, is the President of the firm and has been responsible for many noteworthy and award-winning projects throughout the Southeast. Mrs. Catlin received her Bachelor of Design degree in 1976 from the College of Architecture, University of Florida, and has passed the NCIDQ qualifying examination for interior designers. Her interior design projects have been published in Better Homes and Gardens, Southern Living Magazine, and Interior Design Magazine to name a few.
Catlin Design specializes in turnkey interiors by developing a design from the initial interior architectural design process, including interior drawings for the project, space planning, finish selections, furnishings, installation, and down to the placement of the last soap dish on the counter. Above all it’s the health, welfare, and safety standards we abide by to ensure our designs meet the codes and standards set by state and local laws. Our full service project management team offers our clients a broad spectrum of custom sources resulting in unique, timely and price efficient projects. Listening closely to a client’s needs and desires is essential to finding a design solution that not only functions well, but truly reflects their individual style.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- Agreeable Gray from Sherwin-Williams, but a close second is Elephant Ear from Sherwin-Williams.
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Shutters on the Beach in Santa Monica, California, and The Watercolor Inn in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida.
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- I look for inspiration within the constant stream of photos on my phone, as well as on Pinterest and Houzz.
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- It's a constant search for new shape, form, architectural details and color inspiration. I can see an ad in a fashion magazine or a chair on Pinterest. It is the most fun part of my day to find a new take on a design element!
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- Buddakan In New York City.
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- Musee D'Orsay.
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- By heading to any place with a view of our coast.
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- I have always loved the work of Billy Baldwin and his timeless blend of clean lines with interesting layers of old and new.
- How do you keep it all together?
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?