“I love to create wonderful spaces reflecting interesting people with interesting lives.”
Colacion Studio is an award winning international interior design firm based in Southern California. Yvonne Colacion, a designer with over twenty-five years of experience in the detailed art of design and architecture, has quickly become recognized as a premiere interior designer. Her firm provides personalized services to the residential and yachting world as well as supporting a wide range of client’s in the hospitality and commercial marketplace.
Yvonne Colacion brings passion to each of her projects and is noted for creating thoughtful, distinguished spatial environments throughout the world. Yvonne finds excitement in exploring unique design solutions related to the ever-evolving lifestyles of her clients as well as creating memorable environments that enhance both the lives of her client’s and their guests.
Yvonne’s attention to the smallest detail is highlighted by her continuous exploration of international and domestic resources to support her philosophy, of the “evolution of an idea”, creating beautiful yet intellectually relevant and stimulating spaces for her clients.
This philosophy, paired with Colacion’s understanding of global design aesthetics, has allowed the firm to work with a select group of clients around the world. These wonderful and unique projects designed by Colacion Studio have been acknowledged by industry leaders. In 2013 alone, projects designed by Colacion Studio were honored in the coveted pages of INTERIOR – Best of Residential Book and published in several distinguish magazines and media outlet such as; Luxe, Modern Luxury Interiors California, Dujour and Objekt International.
Colacion Studio was also honored on an international stage by the prestigious SBID International Awards in 2011. The Motor Yacht M/Y 360 and Tamdeen Group Corporate Office, were shortlisted for “Best Luxury Small Space” and “Best Commercial Design,” respectively.
The M/Y 360 has been further recognized on CharterWave’s list of the “10 Best Yachts with Contemporary Interiors,” while the Tamdeen Group was featured in the January issue of Interior Design and was honored as a finalist at the magazine’s Best of the Year Awards.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- Is there one? It’s all about the right combination.
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- I'm not sure there's just one.
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- A smart phone, design inspiration is always around the corner to capture.
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- Taking time to search the web and look around, new stylish trends seems to be there when you least expect it. It’s amazing how creative people are.
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- Lucques when in Los Angeles and if I'm really lucky..... Chateau Chevre d'Or when in Eze
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- Frederick R. Weisman Art Foundation
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- Coffee with my husband and a walk on the water front.
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- Sifting through the archives of some of the classic textile houses, to see what is there to be rediscovered as modern.
- How do you keep it all together?
- Just breathe… life is about living.
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- As long as it’s green….I love both.