“All things in life are connected. I believe the most inspired ideas grow out of discussion, the most inventive solutions from impossible problems, and the most livable and lovable spaces from friendship and mutual respect.”
Douglas Design Studio has been recognized with an award from the International Design & Architecture Awards and several Awards of Excellence from the Association of Registered Interior Designers of Ontario and has been featured in publications such as Canadian House &; Home, Style at Home and Design New York.
Often, interior designers are asked to explain their signature style. In fact, Douglas Design Studio was established in 1995 by Jeffrey Douglas to focus on creating interiors that perfectly express the homeowner’s own style.
We believe that, whether casual or formal, elegant or edgy, your home’s interior must reflect who you are and how you live. We like to think of ourselves as lifestyle interpreters, and we’re both passionate and highly organized about that role. Along with infinite creativity, we bring both energy and order to your project. The result is an interior that is both comfortable and beautiful, filled with personal mementos, family pictures, treasured accessories and furniture pieces.
12 HIGH STYLE DINING ROOMS
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- Benjamin Moore OC-19 Sea Pearl. Light, fresh, calm and warm all at once.
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Le Blu Dohkan in Paris - the breakfast room is paneled in reclaimed 18th century paneling, the elevator is paneled in reclaimed vintage Louis Vuitton luggage panels.
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- I love the cloud for storing and sharing information, pictures and videos.
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- Brazil. There is a long tradition of working with the most incredible woods in a sensual, free-form sculptural way.
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- Melibea in the west village New York City - yummy!
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art in Kanazawa, Japan - a glass cylinder encasing individual cube-shaped gallery rooms like blocks on a tray.
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- Dinner out with friends to discuss what's new in our world, and the world in general!
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- I admire the work of Patrick Jouin. He has a remarkable sense for the pulse of an object.
- How do you keep it all together?
- I always remember being a young student dreaming of what I am now actually doing. This keeps my head clear about my objectives rather than mired in the troubles of the day.
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- Groomed, but perennial. The peaceful order of a French country parterre.