“As a student of the English, French and Italian Masters, I have the foundation from which a modern classic can be yours.”
MEET GIL WALSH Known for her extraordinary eye for design, color and fabric, Gil Walsh has led over $200 million in design work over 30 years. Gil grew up in homes filled with classic design and style. Originally interested in fashion, Gil realized early in her career that interior design enabled her to integrate her keen fashion sense with her deep interest in art history, antiques and architecture. As a life-long student of classic design and a registered interior designer, Gil is passionate about her work. She takes great pride in sharing her knowledge and experience with her clients. Classically trained in the 1970s, Gil learned from the masters of English, French and Italian design. Her hands on training with master craftsmen in areas of furniture and window treatment fabrication, wood working, plastering, comes to life in her design work. Verbally communicating design or style likes and dislikes is often hard for clients. By quickly building rapport and trust with her clients, Gil is able to collaboratively develop three dimensional spaces that take into consideration lifestyles, client wishes and classic design elements. Clients depend upon Gil for her guidance, professionalism and results orientation. As such, Gil is often called upon to design second – or even third homes – for her clientele. Each engagement provides a new canvas on which to express different sides of her client’s personality. Gil believes that knowing what clients need and anticipating their evolving taste are key elements of good design. Gil graduated from Chatham College with a B.A. in Liberal Arts and the Art Institute with a B.S. in Interior Design. She has certification from NCIDQ, GreenAP and the Sustainable Furnishings Council. Licensed in the State of Florida, she is an active member in the American Society of Interior Design (ASID #5099) and a member of the Society of Classical Architecture. Gil Walsh Interiors is located in West Palm Beach, Florida, Edgartown on Martha’s Vineyard, MA, and Boston, MA. For more information call (561) 932-0631 or visit her web site at www.gilwalsh.com
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- Valentino Red and Gray Hues
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Villa D’Este, Lake Como
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- Iphone and Ipad
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- Internet design sites & blogs
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- Latest hot restaurant in Miami
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- The Frick and Frank Lloyd Wright’s “Fallingwater”, a living museum
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- Walking on the beach
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- Reading, art books, museums, architecture and Art Basel
- How do you keep it all together?
- Yoga and a great team at work
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- Freestyle, I like it to be very organic