“Your home is often your most valuable possession. When the interior design reflects your personality and is executed with intention, your home can also be your largest object of self expression.” – Sandra Funk
Design is so much more than the sum of its parts. At its essence, it is taking a space & giving it soul. Home is essential. Home is our comfort, our refuge, our sanctuary; where we are the truest expression of ourselves. Uncensored. Unabashed. House of Funk is Sandra’s vision for living well without constraints, an award winning interior design studio servicing the greater New York City area. Design is about inspiring you to live life your way. No rules. Whether it’s addressing a gap in the marketplace or challenging the status quo on expectations, Sandra is raising the bar on quality, style and substance. Sandra’s work has been recognized by regional and national media, including shelter and luxury lifestyle press and a segment on ABC’s The View, where Sandra designed the home office of Joy Behar. Projects range from turnkey interior decoration to the design of whole-house renovations to building from scratch. Each project is inspired by the client’s desires and preferences; how they want to use the space and most importantly, how they want to feel in that space. Sandra is celebrating her 10th year in business and 15 years in the interior design industry. She brings a straight-forward approach to the business of interior design with a background in business process consulting and a degree in Finance. Sandra studied Interior Design at Parson’s in NYC and is a proud member of ASID, the American Society of Interior Designers Whether you know what you want, or don’t know where to begin, we will team with you to further explore your natural style and execute a beautiful, functional design that will enhance every day. Services: – Turnkey interior design – Additions and renovations consulting – New construction consulting – Project management – Kitchens and bathrooms – Furniture and accessories – Space planning – Custom cabinetry – Fabrics and upholstery – Floor coverings and rug design – Wall coverings – Window treatments – Lighting design – Corporate offices – Hospitality and restaurants – Show houses – Public spaces and lobbies – Sustainable design – Provide a network of vendors, contractors and artists to execute amazing design
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- Black & White
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Hotel Plaza Athénée, Paris
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- We use a combination of Wecora, Olioboard, Studio Webware and CAD.
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- It's a tie between the elevation of the Pool Room vs. the subterranean nature of La Esquina, depending on the mood of the evening...
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- Henry Ford in MI
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- A bottle of red, a bottle of white...
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- Sitting on a ratty old stool in a Parson's night class.
- How do you keep it all together?
- Trust me, it's not ALL together...
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?