Be cheerful. Strive to be happy. – Max Ehrmann -
Creating spaces that work for your lifestyle - Whether you are expanding your home, reconfigure existing spaces within your home, transitioning to a new home, or buying a weekend home, JFID services will assist in the transformation. With twenty-six years of experience in interior architecture, space planning, decorating and furniture design, she is uniquely qualified. A Boston native, Jeanne is a graduate of the New England School of Art and Design and holds a BFA from Suffolk University. She is a professional member of the American Society of Interior Designers, ASIDNE Past president, 2013-14. Certified by the National Certification of Interior Design Qualifications. (NCIDQ). Past At-Large Board Member of the Massachusetts Interior Design Coalition (MIDC). Member of the Charlestown Preservation Society and Past Board member of the Artists’ Group of Charlestown. Jeanne shares a Charlestown design studio with her husband, architect, William Finnerty, AIA.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- The pale-colored background
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Four Seasons, Milano. It was my first trip abroad, and I was in awe
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- My handy Samsung 6, and my low-tech paper sketchbook
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- I love New York City
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- Anything Al Fresco - watching the world pass by on a busy city street
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- La Rotonda, Vicenza
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- Playing with my cats - or packing them up for a car ride to Maine
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- My Boston mentors, Albert Columbro, William Hodgins, and Susan Reddick - to name a few
- How do you keep it all together?
- Focusing on the task at hand - and if all else fails -I can phone a friend for moral support
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- Freestyle, with a side of groomed