Antiques, art and modern family life…..Comfortably compatible
Known for creating one-of-a-kind spaces that revolve around real life, Jute merges everyday home activities with exquisite aesthetics. With backgrounds in art, antiques and architecture, we weave unique furnishings and finishes into living spaces without fuss or clutter. At Jute, we believe great design is not about our style. It’s about the best version of yours.Alison Davin leads Jute with 15 years experience in fine arts and interior architecture. She’s earned a sharp eye for one-of-a-kind furnishings. An open mind to modern realities of chic style meets pint-size perspectives. And a personal love for design-build projects that allow light, space, and furnishings to flow with your home’s daily life. As opposed to interiors with lovely features, Ali aims to create a room known for its lovely feeling. Every aspect from the flooring to each finishing touch is carefully layered to create an atmosphere that’s perfectly balanced and approachable. “It’s not about picking lots of pretty things,” she explains. “It’s thinking through the flow, the furnishings, and how the space will be used in the future. The feel of a room is what gives it finish.”Current projects include city family homes, Sonoma county rural escapes and a seaside villa in Mexico. Jute projects have been featured in Elle Decoration, Architectural Digest and Luxe and have been granted awards by Elle Decor, CA Home + Design and the San Francisco Design Center.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- Benjamin Moore's Texas Leather. It's a combo of brown, grey + green. The perfect earthy neutral with lots of depth.
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Aman resorts
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- iphone camera
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- Right now it's Cotogna in San Francisco's Jackson Square
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- The Picasso museum in the Marais in Paris
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- Sleeping in....
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- Traveling and staying in boutique hotels
- How do you keep it all together?
- Lots of time off
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- Groomed to look freestyle