“You are what surrounds you.”
LeeAnn Baker Interiors Ltd. is a full service interior design studio whose vision focuses on northwest elegance. To us this means an understated and refined home that capture the unique personality and lifestyle demands of each client. The results are visually stunning and reflect the hues and simplicity of the Pacific Northwest.
Prior to forming LeeAnn Baker Interiors Ltd. in 2003, LeeAnn Baker Steding attended the New York School of Interior Design and honed her skills working for both interior designers and architects in Manhattan. With over 20 years of experience in the field, Baker Steding maintains a diverse array of projects in the Pacific Northwest, including Alaska and Montana. An alumna of the University of Washington, she lives in the Seattle area with her husband and two children.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- Crisp white with subtle hues of blues, grays and browns.
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- I.M. Pei's Four Seasons Hotel in New York was a favorite of mine post-design school. The warmth of the natural stone, neutral colors and the clean lines of the design have always stuck with me.
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- I capture everything on my iPhone.
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- I love traveling to trade shows and designer showcases to experience first hand the latest styles and design trends.
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- Stowell's Goldfinch Restaurant at the Four Seasons in Seattle is a great place to experience the work of Pacific Northwest masters while dining or just sipping cocktails.
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- The Noguchi Museum in Long Island City, NY is a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of city living.
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- With a cup of French press coffee and an impromptu dance party with my kiddos.
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- My clients. Every client brings with them new ideas, new challenges and new direction.
- How do you keep it all together?
- I have a separate folder for EVERYTHING!
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- Why pick one? A well groomed lawn surrounded with lush plantings creates an oasis.