BUILDING MEANING INTO BEAUTY.
We want to take you to the moon.
And have you feel at home there.
The first and only integrated company in the construction industry, Les Ensembliers bring together two entities: a design agency and a construction company, which are controlled by two shareholders: Maxime Vandal and Richard Ouellette. Les Ensembliers works closely with the architectural firm VAE Architectes Inc.
Our team, comprised of designers, technologists, estimators, project managers, craftsmen and accountants, works in constant synergy and has only one objective: to deliver the best possible project with maximum process flexibility.
This business model provides customers with all the benefits of true synergy. We are devoted to the project rather than to coordinating stakeholders; the creative process ends when the job ends, rather than before it starts; the budget is adapted to the realities of the construction site, as well as to changing customer needs. This model serves primarily to spread out customer decisions, thus accelerating the project by improving its components. The finished project isn’t a mere shadow of the original idea, but the result of a holistic creative process. Ensemblier: A company specializing in the study and implementation of projects that bring together an important and coherent group of players in the construction sector.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- I love colour, any accents colour on upholstery, on décor elements…I love everything in colour in a space, but I prefer Benjamin Moore CC-30 oxford white for walls. Warm white bring any architectural element to a higher level, corrects any fault in a space and gives a fresh gallery feel to any space.
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Crosby Hotel, for the ease and perfect service, and obviously it feels like a second home & Number 16 in London…for all the same reasons. I don’t like hotels, I love to feel at home!
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- Technology is always changing and the industry is always adapting. I still love the feel of print in my hands. But there is no denying the efficiency of Pinterest for the ease of cataloguing and ability to store masses of images without clutter. Instagram is invaluable to connect with all avenues of inspiration from design to fashion to travel. I am a self confessed addict.
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- We have busy schedules and travelling, in our lives, is part of the routine. I make sure to use those trips to take in as much quiet time as possible and feel present upon those moments. For me, that’s when inspiration and creative flow comes in. Strolling around cities and taking in all the architecture truly inspire me. Same goes for a morning walk to the office. I love that moment alone when I can plan, organize and create in my mind! In the country, a day spent with Max and Zack (our dog) on our farm, with its surrounding nature, is my biggest love and inspiration source. And you can’t forget books. They are a huge part of our lives and keep our minds inspired. You can never have enough books...or shoes, but that’s another story!
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- In Montreal, our favorite spot is Foxy, best food and drinks in town, perfect ambiance, fab decor…and its right next to my office.
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- Nissim de Camondo, Hôtel particulier in Paris
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- At the farm. My heaven is in the Eastern Townships of rural Quebec. It affords me the opportunity to unwind and recharge for the following week. It’s the perfect Ying to my city Yang.
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- Oscar de la Renta, Yves st Laurent, Mies Van Der Rohe
- How do you keep it all together?
- Organization, organization, organization! When you love what you do, it’s not work and it happens naturally.
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- I actually love both, the vegetable garden is organized and groomed, tagged and perfectly symmetric. Flowers beds for me should be all about the English country side...growing naturally and organically. The perfect balance of both makes me really happy!