“Livable Luxury is our mantra- every space should be an intoxicating blend of beauty and comfort.”
In 2009 Cari and Melissa began their collaboration on a large-scale residence and formed a long lasting friendship and partnership, which now exists as Lewis Giannoulias. With a combined experience of 18 years, they have grown their company considerably since inception and have recently expanded outside the Chicago area with projects in Asheville, Los Angeles, London, Lake Geneva, and Greece. Cari and Melissa have been featured in many prestigious publications including Sun-Times SPLASH, Modern Luxury Interiors Chicago, Chicago Home + Garden, and Luxe Interiors + Design. In 2015, they were recognized as a member of Luxe Magazine’s prestigious “Gold List”.
Lewis Giannoulias’ repertoire spans anywhere from sprawling suburban estates to cosmopolitan flats and lavish vacation homes. They collaborate on ground up builds, extensive renovations and everything in-between. Their soup to nuts approach includes: space planning, millwork and cabinetry, lighting, art, furnishings and fabrics, custom furniture design and countless other design aspects. They love making each and every project feel special working with artists on commissions and procuring antiques from all over the world.
Their mantra, “Livable Luxury” is an intoxicating blend of beauty and comfort. LG Interiors’ practice is organic achieving riveting character development to reflect each client’s needs. Eclectic pairings of precious and conventional allows LG Interiors to create spaces with a fanciful meter of surprise and chords of low-key glamour. Aside from their well-curated aesthetic and departure from the ordinary, the organized and functional life in which they create for their clients seems to be the real luxury.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- White and Camel
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- So many... Hotel Costes in Paris for it's mixture of chic and timelessness. Casa Delfino in Chania, Crete to remind us to stay grounded in the beauty of simplicity. Malliouhana in Anguilla for the perfect combination of livable luxury.
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- Anywhere in Scandinavia
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- In Los Angeles we love Gracias Madre for design and Madeo’s for food.
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- Rothko Chapel in Houston
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- A healthy dose of decompression and time with family and friends.
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- How do you keep it all together?
- Our synched Google calendars keep us on point.
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- The setting really drives the aesthetic but we like to see a little bit of both.