Creating beauty + harmony. A unique, curated collection of exclusive furnishings, lighting, décor and art.
Marie Burgos founded her nationally published interior design firm in 2007, which includes both residential, hospitality and commercial design. Burgos obtained a Masters of Business Management degree from the University of Paris and an Interior Design degree from New York University. During her studies, she strived to balance elegance and harmony while keeping her designs luxurious and tasteful. Through this quest she studied the principles of Feng Shui. While studying under the Grand Master Lin Yu of Berkley California she earned the “Red Ribbon” status membership in the international Feng Shui Guild. This unique approach to the industry brings a wide range of design styles to her portfolio. Burgos became known for her stunning loft and penthouse transformations in Tribeca, Chelsea, Soho, and The Hamptons.
Marie and her team have completed dozens of homes, commercial spaces and hospitality interiors for a national and international clientele. Her critically acclaimed interior design firm has offices in New York City and Los Angeles.
In her design projects for both residential and commercial interiors, Marie still emphasizes harmony, comfort and abundant style. She looks for shapes, textures, and colors that will enhance her clients’ lifestyles while adding exciting new design dimensions to their rooms. This is also the approach that Marie has taken in developing the Marie Burgos Collection of carefully curated modern furniture, lighting, décor and art.
Born and raised in Paris, Marie draws inspiration from both French design and her family’s native home of Martinique. Paired with a deep appreciation of mid-century modern furniture, Marie has taken the clean lines that defined the iconic designs of that movement and given them a luxurious new simplicity. Her use of Feng Shui, of which she is a certified master, always plays an important role in bringing a harmonious balance. The result is sophisticated, contemporary furnishings designed for today that playfully pays homage to the best of an earlier era.
From 23k gold and oxidized iron pendants to hand woven paper floor lamps, the Marie Burgos Collection’s lighting options offer a world of aesthetic styles while embodying an ethos of balance and harmony. Exquisitely crafted lights that add to the visual poetry of a space anchor the collection. It’s an honor to bring together this unique selection of chandeliers, lamps, and sconces that are otherwise unavailable in the US market.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- I like white! It is a blank canvas to showcase everything else in an interior and always looks bright and clean.
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Le Cap Est Lagoon Resort & Spa in Martinique for its peacefulness and use of natural elements. Plus, the spa is a total bliss.
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- iPad - best images keeper!
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- Paris, my birth town.
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- Cull & Pistol Oyster Bar located in the Chelsea market in Manhattan. It is unpretentious, delicious, and great for gathering with friends or family.
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- The Frick Collection in New York.
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- Preparing breakfast for my family. It is the best part of my day.
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- Feng Shui. It is my guideline to creating harmonious and balanced interiors.
- How do you keep it all together?
- I believe the key is to keep your family close to you and your heart, be thankful for your blessings, and keep on asking the universe for what makes you happy.
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- Groomed. I find it peaceful and harmonious that way.