It’s not enough to design beautiful spaces, to be successful we must design spaces that reflect our client’s unique lives.
Recognized for their attention to detail, along with their expertise on lighting design and custom cabinetry, PPS has acquired numerous awards, and been featured in many publications.
Long established relationships with clients has meant repeat business, accomplished through thoughtful interior design service and a high level of commitment to their clients. Pennington Studios is a full service interior design practice from consultation to constructions documents.
We provide attention to detail and quality customer service.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- White, the most versatile color that can change in every environment
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- The St Martins Lane Hotel in London by Phillippe Starck, when it first opened, was a game changer for boutique hotels.
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- My iPhone which has 14,000 pictures to date of all sorts of design inspiration.
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- I love print. The New York Times is a favorite Sunday read and I subscribe to 14 design magazines that have always given me the latest scoop.
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- Oddly The El Fornaio in San Jose has a classic Italian menu that is always good and the interior has stood the test of time and still feels inviting with perfect lighting within the classic old hotel interior.
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- Too many to say, but the East building of The National Gallery of Art in D.C. By I.M. Pei on first visit left me breathless.
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- A one hour walk in my neighborhood which ends with a latte at the House of Bagels sitting outside under the trees.
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- The Desert Architects, Rick Joy, Wendell Burnette, and Will Bruder.
- How do you keep it all together?
- Barely, that’s why I have my amazing staff.
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- A little of both. I love a hardscape design layout that organizes the space available, with an assortment of plants for texture and scale that work all year long.