“Interiors should reflect the personality and lifestyle of the client.”
Platner & Co. is a premier, full-service, interior design firm known for its ability to create sophisticated residences and commercial spaces with high-end custom furnishings and materials, antiques, and exquisite architectural design.
Believing style does not have to be compromised for sustainable, eco-friendly, or ethical products and materials, Platner & Co. offers high-end sustainable design as well.
Platner & Co. is located in Malibu, California.
Principal Peggy Platner grew up in the artists’ community of Laguna Beach, California before founding Platner & Co. in Malibu, California in 2002.
With an innate ability to interpret, complement and enhance a client’s vision, Peggy creates refined, highly efficient homes and spaces that radiate elegance and warmth.
Peggy’s philosophy is that interiors should reflect the personality and lifestyle of the client. To this end, Peggy collaborates with local architects and craftsmen to customize even the smallest details of a project’s design from its inception.
Passionate about timeless, sophisticated interiors, Peggy has and continues to draw inspiration from iconic Spanish revival architecture, her travels around the world and most of all, beautiful fabrics.
Whether locating one-of-a-kind antiques or designing custom furniture and textiles, Peggy creates classic environments that appear to have evolved over the years; it’s never surprising when “timeless” is the word used to describe her work.
Peggy is am a member of the IIDA, the U.S. Green building council and holds a GREEN Leaders designation from the Sustainable Furnishings Council. Her work has been featured in Malibu Magazine and on the Fine Living and HGTV networks.
FROM FIRST SKETCH TO FINAL DISPLAY: THE WINDOW VIGNETTES OF LCDQ
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- French Grey
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Villa San Michele Florence, Neri Hotel Barcelona, Villa de'Este Lake Como
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- On the streets of any great city and at flea markets.
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- LUCQUES in West Hollywood.
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- Portlligat House-Museum of Salvador Dalí.
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- Local farmers market.
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- History. By understanding where we have come from we have a better idea of where we are going.
- How do you keep it all together?
- Be present in the moment.
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- I like my roses manicured and fragrant wildflowers in between.