Too much of a good thing can be wonderful. – Mae West
Rajni Alex Design offers a full array of interior design services: from Consultation, to complete Design, to Project Management. The emphasis is to create distinctive and welcoming homes that reflect the clients’ lifestyle and personalities.
Services ProvidedFull Service Interior Design – anything from a simple bathroom restoration, to the complete home renovation RAD E-Design – less-intensive service, geared more towards those looking to do a simpler, DIY project, at their own pace. Available internationally. Styling and Staging – consulting, styling, and staging services for clients who need assistance in solving simple design difficulties.
New York based – Will travel and consult worldwide
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- Teal and orange - I love the vibrance of these colors and, if used correctly, they add drama to a room. A good designer knows how to use these colors so as to not overwhelm the room.
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- The Breakers Hotel in palm Beach. I am a big fan of Hollywood Regency furniture, and Breakers Hotel has used the new and old beautifully to deliver a glamorous seaside living.
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- Pinterest is my go to for inspiration. Dering Hall is great for sourcing.
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- Dering Hall, without a doubt.
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- The Inn at Pound Ridge by Jean-Georges. The food is great, but the design and aesthetics of the restaurant and its surroundings are just beautiful.
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- The Museum of Arts and Design in Manhattan.
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- I start my weekends with my cuddles with my children. Weekdays are hectic, so weekends are for cuddles, popcorn, and movies!
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- So many - But Brian J. McCarthy would have to be the biggest. Working for him and seeing him create beautiful interiors has been life changing. Others that have influenced my work would be Kelly Wearstler for her edgy look and Jean Louis Deniot for his sophisticated, modern look.
- How do you keep it all together?
- For design - pay attention to small details, scale, and proportions. For life - my mantra is: family comes first. Always make time for family. My days are riddled with movie nights, pajama days, taco Tuesdays, and family game nights.
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- Groomed. I love symmetry, and I believe less is more, so I like groomed gardens better.