designed for everyday life
reDesign home collaborates with homeowners seeking a balance between functionality and personal aesthetic for their home.
reDesign home creates a strong foundation to build on, in time, layers of interests generated from the homeowner’s personal life story.
A beautiful home to us is the space where homeowners can feel comfortable, at ease and in their element, we achieve so by designing functional space planing in timeless environments while determining when to apply on-going trends, unexpected elements and marry the client personal aesthetic.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- black and white, gray and ivory
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Soho House ACE hotel Chicago athletic association
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- laptop iPhone
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- attending trade-only events and traveling allows us to be exposed to new styles although we are drawn to classic and timeless designs that surrounds us in everyday life
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- The Cube House designed by architect Piet Blom in Rotterdam, Netherlands. Although the structure is housing families and it is not a museum, when I visited the city a resident was selling tickets to tour his home and I am so happy I did, it is amazing how a building that resembles the shape of a tree from the outside can feel comfortable and sufficient for a residence in the inside!
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- A cup of coffee and social media unless we are out the door attending children sports activities
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- nature and history We enjoy both extremes, between large cities and remote areas. Going back to basics and locations dear to us as per the European countrysides and lake shores in the Midwest (USA) are often influencing our design prospective. Nature organically leads us to our preferred color palettes as we consider ourselves purest in taste and gravitate to finishes that are sourced in nature vs man-made materials.
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?