‘The best designs are personalized and unique to the individual.’
Named in memory of the late Jon Schlagenhaft, the Milwaukee area’s renowned interior designer who purchased Peabody’s shortly before his death, SCHLAGENHAFT STUDIO represents a talented team of designers including Teresa Manns, a former associate of the distinguished New York design firm S.R. Gambrel.SCHLAGENHAFT STUDIO operates out of the inspiring Deerwood Studio, a multi-use facility that Schlagenhaft built in collaboration with talented architect Wade Weissmann, whose architectural practice is also located there.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- Linen White
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Georges V, Paris, France
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- New York & Paris
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- Tocqueville, New York City - for ambiance, design and food.
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum, Bronx, New York
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- Enjoying my family
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- Florence Knoll - female pioneer in furniture and interior design
- How do you keep it all together?
- With our family's love and support
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- a bit of both - a composed salad!