“My favorite part of each project is building a relationship with my client, and creating a unique environment that truly reflects them but is constantly evolving as their needs and interests change over time.”
Founded in 2000, Scott Sanders is a full service New York City and Hamptons-based interior design firm, specializing in distinctive residential and commercial interiors that epitomize his signature “New American Style.” Principal, Scott Sanders, began his career at Ralph Lauren Home, creating their in-house Interior Design Department, and as lead designer working on residences from California to Paris. His highly acclaimed renovation of the Beach House Bal Harbour Hotel for the Rubell family in Miami Beach, during his last year with Ralph Lauren, was a driving force in establishing Scott Sanders.
Over the years he has developed the New American Style for which he is known, a perfect blend of his all-American roots and the inspiration he takes from his extensive travels around the world. Central to Sanders’ design philosophy is that the new American family lives expressively with their art, their work and passions, and they must be both comforted by classics and stimulated by contemporary flexible spaces.
Sanders’ impressive portfolio includes residences in New York City, the Hamptons, New Jersey, Colorado, Arizona, Florida and the Caribbean. He is also known for his commercial work: The Beach House Bal Harbour Hotel, The Albion Hotel, Crown Maple Syrup’s corporate offices, and the award-winning re-design of The Lord Baltimore Hotel.
Published in Fall 2014 by Pointed Leaf Press,‘The Insider Guide to the Lord Baltimore Hotel and Baltimore, Too’, is the story of Sanders’ collaboration with the Rubells for the re-imagining of the Lord Baltimore Hotel. In 2010, Pointed Leaf Press published “Picture Perfect: Designing the New American Family Home,” an innovative book that documents Sanders’ inspired youth, his accomplished career, and a step-by-step behind the scenes look at Sanders’ process while designing the perfect new American family home.
A TASTE FOR TRADITION: DERING HALL DINING ROOMS
LUXE INTERIORS & DESIGN: RETAIL THERAPY WITH SCOTT SANDERS
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- I'm a diehard fan of any color but my first love is blue....any shade
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Hotel Du Cap-Eden-Roc in Cap d'Antibes. The quiet elegance of the main building and overall feeling of the rooms embrace you and immediately make you feel you are at home.
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- Ipad. Having access to a camera, email, and the internet at a moment's notice has proven to be invaluable while doing research, as well as having my portfolio handy at all times as a point of reference.
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- Art galleries in West Chelsea, NYC
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- Sant Ambroeus in South Hampton, NY. The egg salad sandwich is amazing!
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- Neue Galerie in NYC
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- With a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice and the NY Times in a cozy and comfortable terry cloth bath robe
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- My Grandmother - she was constantly re-decorating as they moved to different houses and she had a fabulous, timeless sense of style.
- How do you keep it all together?
- Lot's of iced coffee and my Blackberry
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?