“Every great project starts with a conversation about your hopes and dreams – how you live and how you want to live.”
studio m | interiors, llc is owned and managed by Claudia Martin, ASID. Claudia is a licensed interior designer who has been practicing design and project management for about twenty years.
Claudia is a registered interior designer in the State of Illinois and a professional member of ASID and is well versed in coordinating all the facets of a project, insuring a smooth and enjoyable experience for the client. She is the recipient of two ASID Design Excellence Awards, 1st Place, one in each of the Kitchen and Bath categories.
Claudia specializes in city renovations and new home construction in the city and suburbs. She also works on select out-of-state projects. Clean lines and a mix of textures and materials characterize her work. Claudia is highly organized and insightful and is particularly skilled at translating client’s goals and thoughts for their project into personalized spaces that reflect them and their lifestyle.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- I love neutrals - whites, grays, navy blue. But I also love hits of "happy" colors like coral, magenta and aqua.
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Sixty Soho meets Parker Palm Springs.
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- My iPhone.
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- Traveling, art museums anywhere and everywhere, of-the-moment restaurants, or simply exploring online on my iPad while enjoying a cup of coffee.
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- BOKA in Chicago.
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- Lenbachhaus in Munich. They have the largest Blue Rider collection in the world.
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- With a run along Lake Michigan. Unless it's winter, then I start by making coffeecake/scones/crepes for my family.
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- David Hicks. I love bold patterns and the mix of old and new.
- How do you keep it all together?
- Prioritize, don't multitask.
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- Groomed in the city, freestyle in the country.