“We love all styles, as long as they are done well.”
The Taylors love “houses”…and they are experts in the art of creating HOMES for other’s who share their passion for houses! They believe that a house is the stage on which you live your life and therefore the architecture, the interior design, the arrangement of each space, the furnishings and the even the accessories should speak much more about who you are and not so much about who you might wish to be. The art the Taylors practice so expertly is knowing how to set that stage so that it welcomes family and friends authentically, so that is offers its inhabitants a palpable sense of their past as well as the possibilities for their future, and that it resonates with the music of laughter and the aroma of hospitality, that it offers comfort of security, and a refuge to enjoy some of the simple luxuries of life.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- The color I am embracing at the moment; today, I am working with marigold.
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- The Connaught, Mount Street, London, The Grisham Palace, Budapest, & Dorothy Draper's Carlyle.
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- Sketch up
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- Strolling in London and skateboarding in Williamsburg.
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- Joe's Stone Crab in Miami, Frankie's Spuntino in Carroll Gardens, and De Chez Eux in Paris
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- The Musee Nissim Camondo for its exquisite furnishings.
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- Friday night 5-6 pm happy hour at the office before we head home.
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- Each other
- How do you keep it all together?
- Design talk at the breakfast table, lunch table, and before bed.
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- Fairchild Tropical Garden all the way!