Life is Short, Make It Beautiful
Triangle Interiors, located in Houston Texas, was founded in 1981 by my late mother Paulette Domercq. A full service residential interior design firm, our classic French and English interiors include a twist of modern touches infused with old world elements. We stay current but classic whether we are using color or a monochromatic palette. Triangle Interiors brings a sense of continuity to your home decor yet we love to keep the eye wandering. Projects range from ranches to beach houses, lofts to boats, single rooms to ground up new constructions. Triangle Interiors incorporates your lifestyle and personality into each living space with personal attention to every detail.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- I’d consider yellow to be my signature color. It’s not only my classic, but my trendy as well. But don’t ever make me pick just one color!
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Cal-a-Vie in San Diego. Also, I can always count on Parker (Palm Springs), Claridges (London) and The Breakers (Palm Beach) to provide fresh ideas and looks that fill me with inspiration.
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- I love using Instagram to channel inspiration through both interior design and fashion. I love to see posts from Elle Décor, Veranda, and many respected designers, as well as fashion trends that evoke fresh ideas through different colors and textures.
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- The east & west coast
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- BG Restaurant at Bergdorf Goodman
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- The Whitney in New York, and the Contemporary Art Museum in my hometown of Houston
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- With a big glass of red wine
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- My mother… She founded Triangle Interiors 35 years ago, which I took over after her death in 1997. I was fortunate enough to have inherited her attention to detail, eye for balance, and passion for tasteful style. However, it was her relationships with her clients that most impacted me and serve as an example and an inspiration to me every day.
- How do you keep it all together?
- Staying positive and organized is key for both me and my team. I have also been blessed to work with such fabulous and loyal clients which makes the whole process so much easier.
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?
- Groomed. I prefer structure and symmetry.