“Our job is to make the magic that draws people out and keeps them there, happier outside than anywhere else.”
Janice Parker Landscape Architects has established a reputation for conceiving, planning, and installing thoughtful landscapes and are dedicated to excellent design, full documentation, and project coordination. We are committed to strong relationships and long-term development of our landscapes. We pride ourselves on clear communication throughout the process and engage our clients as members of the project team. We offer the creative spirit and technical expertise that produces unique and comprehensive solutions to complex site challenges. Located in Greenwich, CT, we work extensively in prime locations along the Sound, New York City and the Hamptons.
- What’s your go-to classic color choice?
- Chartreuse with anything! Burgundy, creamy whites, purples.
- Is there a hotel that’s most inspired your work while traveling?
- Gravetye Manor, West Hoathly, UK - William Robinson gardens from 1884. Garden heaven.
- Which pieces of technology do you use to document design inspiration?
- Photos on IPhone and IPad, scans and Neu Annotate PDF.
- Where do you go to spot new style?
- London, Antwerp, New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Pinterest!
- Do you have a favorite restaurant (for the design and the food, of course)?
- I love Lincoln Ristorante in Lincoln Center. It’s a bit formal in service, but the design holds up year after year – the sod roof, the reflecting pool with the Henry Moore sculpture and the audiences rushing in and out of the different theaters. Love the energy.
- What’s your favorite small museum in the world?
- Garden Museum in London – tiny, homey, not stagy at all.
- How do you usually start your weekend?
- With coffee and gratitude.
- Who or what is your biggest design influence?
- Mother Nature
- How do you keep it all together?
- Years of experience has proved that it all works out in the end – every obstacle is an opportunity for innovation and working to find the grace in chaos.
- Design a garden: groomed or freestyle?