Pair of French Bronze Marly Horses from Trianon Antiques
Pair of 19th century French patinated bronze sculptures of the Marly horses. These two sculptures were modeled after the large marble sculptures representing wild horses restrained by grooms, commissioned in 1739 by King Louis XV from the sculptor, Guillaume Coustou, for the Chateau of Marly. The Chateau of Marly was destroyed following the French Revolution, but the statues, as masterpieces of French sculpture, were moved to the Place de la Concorde at the bottom of the Champs-Elysees. The statues were then moved to the Louvre in 1984 in order to be conserved, and were replaced by copies on the Place de la Concorde and on the grounds of Marly.
Materials: Patinated bronze
23.5" high, 19" wide, 9" deep
- Lead Time
- 0-3 Weeks (Limited Edition)
About Boston Design Center (BDC)
The Boston Design Center stands at the forefront of design innovation. We don’t track the trends – we define them.